A leader with vast experience helping mid-market companies accelerate growth, Brian joined Copaken Brooks in 2014 as President and Chief Operating Officer. In this role, Brian leads the Executive Committee in developing corporate strategy and is primarily responsible for driving the execution of these strategies to increase shareholder value. He primarily focuses on expanding service delivery capabilities in acquisition, development, management, brokerage, finance, marketing, HR and IT.
Brian has built his career helping large and small growth-oriented organizations accelerate business performance. Before joining Copaken Brooks, Brian was CEO for a mid-market Manufacturing company, with branded global retail stores, and product distribution through large retailers including, PetSmart, Target, Walmart, Costco and Sam’s Club. He successfully developed and executed a growth plan that led the company to a successful sale to a private equity firm.
Prior to this, Brian spent 10 years as a Principal and founding member of MarketSphere, where he helped grow an emerging business consulting firm until being acquired by Grant Thornton. While at MarketSphere, he helped mid-market and Fortune 1000 clients increase value by transforming aspects of their business to drive revenue and reduce operating costs. Before MarketSphere, Brian spent more than 10 years as a business and technology consultant with global firms Arthur Andersen, Andersen Consulting (now Accenture), and Xerox Business Services, where he helped clients across many industries deliver solutions in sales, marketing, accounting, finance, real estate, IT, operations, supply chain, and human capital functions.
Professional Designations & Awards
- Forty Under 40, Ingram’s Magazine
- Centurions, Kansas City Chamber of Commerce
- Corporate Achievers Award, National Multiple Sclerosis Society
- Paul Harris Fellow, Rotary International
- Licensed Real Estate Salesperson – Missouri
- Licensed Real Estate Salesperson – Kansas
Civic & Professional Engagement
- Downtown Council of Kansas City – Downtown Community Improvement District, Board Member
- Johnson County Appraiser’s Office, Reappraisal Advisory Council
- Association for Corporate Growth – Kansas City Chapter, Member
- Kansas City Sports Commission & Foundation, past Executive Committee/Board Member
- American Cancer Society – Midwest Chapter, past Advisory Board Member
- Gillis Home for Children, past Executive Committee/Board Member
- Princeton University, B.A. Economics with an emphasis in Finance